Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Black Vs White Hat SEO

This is all the rage in discussions about websites these days.  It has been for years and will continue for years as well.  I would be lying if I said I never used black hat methods.  I have and even had some decent success with them.  I got 2500+ back links and some forums posts pointing to my page.  Sounds pretty good, huh?

Well it is good when it lasts, Google is on the ball these days and instead of helping yourself you are just hurting yourself in the end.  The day will come when those links are marked as spam and those link farms die and you plummet to page 900 on your keywords.  Again, depending on what you want this could be fine for a micro niche site.  Most of us want the long term growth that comes with SEO and white hat done right will do that with one problem.......time.

White on-page SEO is a must in both worlds but that leaves a huge gap in ranking under Google where the money is.  You must have quality back links.  Building them the white hat way could take months or years.  Not too pleasant IMO.

I think the best approach (slightly gray hat?) might be using some black hat tools and employing white hat methods to get the content out.  What I mean by this is using a web scraping tool to find higher page rank websites and then manually commenting on them with good unique content.  You can also ask for reciprocal links or even off .EDU site alumni deals in order to be linked.

This may be a little more time consuming, but in the end I think the long term growth of your site or business will be much more successful.

It is quite easy to use these tips and well as others on this site to get some serious cash from affiliate marketing as well.  You may want to check out this site [www.affilorama.com] for some great training on affiliate marketing, training, tools & software.

Although my blog is not directed at making money from anything but promoting my eBook to come.  Don't forgot you too can make money with a blog.  Here is another link you can ponder. [www.atomicblogging.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment